Monday, January 3, 2011

Organizing Tip: Selling your Stuff


Most of the items I purge go to Goodwill, but some items still have value on the secondhand market. Here are some of my favorite sites to make some moola from the stuff I don't need anymore.

1. www.gazelle.com - Selling electronic gadgets is super easy on this site. Simply look up your item and see how much you can get. Fill out a form, mail the form in with the item, sit back and wait for Gazelle to send you a check. I recently sold a cell phone and digital voice recorder and was surprised how much money I got for these items. They even gave me more money for the phone because of the phone's excellent condition.

2. www.secondspin.com - This is a great place to sell used CD's, DVD's and games. Similar to Gazelle, you look up your item to see what price you can get, fill out a form, and mail in the form with your items. They usually send a check within one week of receiving your items.

3. www.ebay.com - You can sell almost anything on eBay, but I usually sell clothes and shoes. Most fashionistas shop by brand on eBay, so if your items are from a designer brand in top condition and only 1 - 2 years old, you can get more money from eBay than a consignment shop.

4. www.craigslist.com - This is the best site to sell your items locally. I usually sell furniture and household items on Craigslist.

5. www.half.com - This is my "go to" place to sell books. Selling your books on half.com can take a little longer as you post and wait for someone to purchase your book, but if you price aggressively, you can move your books faster.

No comments: